Tamiya Opel Calibra V6 Cliff 1/10 4WD Electric Touring Car Kit. Nothing screams classic 1990’s touring car DTM racing like the Opel Calibras that tore up racing circuits across Germany. The Opel Calibra V6 Cliff took part in the 1995 running of the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft (DTM) series. Entered by Joest Racing with the driver JJ. Lehto, the car was powered by a 2.5-liter V6 engine capable of 420 hp. Tamiya faithfully recreated this using a highly detailed polycarbonate body. This body sits on a TT-01 Type-E chassis for incredible performance.
The bathtub frame of the evolved shaft-driven 4WD TT-01 Type-E has its motor and battery close to the ground for lower center of gravity and optimum balance. Mounted on the bathtub frame is a fiberglass reinforced nylon top deck and gear covers improving rigidity, as well as a 3-piece tie rod providing smooth steering action. The low center of gravity, highly balanced design, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension system, and front and rear differential gears all come together to produce a fun driving car.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit
- The TT-01 Type-E chassis features shaft-driven 4WD system and full independent suspension that offers easy handling and great customizability
- Silver ABS, dish wheels are paired with racing slick tires
- Comes with stickers and window masking stickers for use in the paint job process
- Includes Tamiya Torque-Tuned 540-brushed motor
- Includes a Hobbywing THW-1060 Brushed ESC
Bearings: Plastic Bushing
Chassis Material: ABS Plastic
Chassis Type: Assembly Kit
Drive Type: 4WD
Terrain Use: On-Road
Needed to Complete:
- 2 channel radio system
- Steering servo
- Polycarbonate paint for body
- 7.2 - 7.4 volt battery
- Compatible Charger